Being a Dad (Year One)
The time has really flown by.
Parenting has been a real… adventure for us both. I wanted to share a few of my reflections on being a Dad, one year into the experience, especially for those of you out there who plan on having kids at some point in the near future. Without further ado, I present:
The Things I’ve Learned (so far) About Being a Dad:
- I don’t need as much sleep as I did before.
- I don’t get as much sleep as I did before.
- I was petrified at first of changing Sonia’s diaper, but it became second nature after a week of regular diaper duty.
- I am so lucky to have my Wife. I don’t know how Aarti manages to take care of me and Sonia so well. She’s a Super-Woman.
- There are days where I feel like I’m not a good parent.
- I’m much more safety conscious around the house.
- I need to watch Sonia like a hawk. When the room is quiet, she’s probably up to mischief.
- I love watching Sonia’s sense of wonder and excitement when she explores the world. It’s so pure and uplifting.
- I’ve learned to let go when Sonia accidentally damages something I care about.
- I don’t miss going out so much.
What have you learned about being a parent?