Bruschetta Style Pizza
A charming pizzeria around the corner from our home, San’s Pizzeria, serves up some of the best pizza I have eaten.
On our last visit there, we ordered a white margarita pizza with a base of cheese, fresh cut roma tomatoes and basil. When the pizza arrived I was a bit worried that it may be too bland for my Indian taste buds, but boy was I wrong…
Nestled in that cheese was the slightest hint of fresh, grated garlic. This was – garlic bread meets cheese pizza – and the chemistry was instantaneous. So, of course I had to try and recreate this at home for my cheese-loving sweethearts. This pizza is well served with a light salad and a glass of wine for the perfect summer supper!
- 2 Flatbreads (White/Wheat – from Publix)
- 2 Roma tomatoes (chopped)
- 1 tsp grated garlic
- salt & fresh crushed pepper
- 1 tsp basil (chopped)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsps fresh grated Parmesan
- 3 tbsps fresh grated mozarella
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients, folding in gently, until the juices are well mixed.
- Spoon the bruschetta onto the 2 flatbreads and put them in the oven.
- Bake until the flatbread is crisp, about 20 minutes.
- Finally, Let the pizzas ‘rest’ for 5 minutes after taking them out of the oven, before serving.
DH (Dear Husband) was delighted and you will be too. Try it, won’t you? What are your favorite pizzas?